Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Throttle Body
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 07:08 PM   #7
gmtech16450yz

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 27.7
State: California
THOR #10907
As much as I'd like to blame Thor (lol), I'm 80% sure this has got to be on Ford. Throttle body/pedal sensor and wiring connection issues are pretty common on Fords. The pedal, it's harness, ECM and throttle body wiring and connections are all basically untouched when Thor does their thing. They "shouldn't" have to even disconnect or remove any of those components when building a Vegas or Axis on that chassis.

I'm gonna bet if you take it to Thor or an RV dealer they're gonna say it's Ford's problem. That has more to do with the fact that these places really don't want to deal with RV's and their headaches. The Ford dealer tried to pass the buck, I'd go back and say "Nice try, now diagnose it fully and fix it." IF it ended up being something Thor did, all you'd have to do is show them the repair order and what they charged you and you "should" get your money back. haha.

It also goes down to who you'd want doing the repair. I'd MUCH rather have a Ford tech fixing an issue like this than an RV tech.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum