Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 03:53 AM   #15
99dart

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
As I said above the cable for the passenger side camera shorted out during this process. I first had to track down what the problem really was. The Tech at Velvac mirrors thought it was the switching box. I eliminated that by switching camera cables from left to right. Sure enough, the cable position for the passenger camera worked (through the driver side wiring). But, camera was still out in the other position. I had to dis-assemble the entire passenger side mirror and cable assembly. After finding that the long (8.5') cable was the culprit, I then needed to find a new cable. NOT! I searched google over & over for three/four days without finding a double female end aviation cable. I bought a pack of cable ends and proceeded to VERY CAREFULLY solder wires to the new 5 pin connector. What a PITA! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

After my fix worked, I then hung and wired in the new monitor. I hit the power button on the monitor and voila, picture! I guess the passenger camera being messed up prevented the new monitor from working in my previous attempts. Dunno, just glad it is working!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum