Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 05:25 AM   #17
gmtech16450yz

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 27.7
State: California
THOR #10907
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradnKaren View Post
Your wife is a very patient, understanding woman.
You have no idea! We got married at 21 and we're still best friends. It helps that she likes cars too. Her daily commute car is the fastest production station wagon in the world. lol. She smiles every time she fires up that big supercharged V8!

So yeah, she's always 100% behind me in any of these crazy projects I dream up. She absolutely loves this Vegas now that it's had a few of my ideas put into it.

Fish and Dear- My point with the link to my car video is that nobody made what I wanted, so I had to make my own. I made a vehicle that did not exist even remotely in the form I ended up with. The Vegas is the same way, I like the overall design and premise, it just needed some "massaging". There isn't a custom coach that I would have preferred, or wanted to pay for over what I got in this modified Vegas. Even with all the work I did, we're still in this RV under $100k, and it's gonna do most everything we need it to do, and do it efficiently.

Sure, I don't have a whole lot of respect for Thor's business practices or assembly quality, but they gave me a good platform to build on. I like the "RUV" idea, it's a good size for what we need. It will tow and launch our 21' boat easily. I also couldn't have built a cab like that in a Class C. I can't use the size of a Class A or like the ride/handling/noise either. The other really big difference in this Vegas is wind and road noise. This RV is the quietest I've ever driven. The lack of wind noise even at 80 is amazing. With the suspension work I did, it's also the smoothest and most stable. The huge windshield and side windows alone are a major plus over other coaches, especially Class C's. The platform and premise is good. The assembly quality? Yeah, it sucks. But I can fix that. I can't turn a Class C or a Class A into a Vegas.

This is what my wife drives everyday...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2248_1.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	10745  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum