Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Tow Dolly
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 06:16 AM   #29
Maxjr758

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37BT
State: North Carolina
THOR #11321
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Jellybeans View Post
We are about 2000 miles into our trip and so far the dolly has performed great. The only issue is long and steep down grades. I had an issue with the surge brakes overheating. I’ve worked out a system,I slow way down on the top of a hill then when the tow/haul engine brake engages I ride it for a bit then disengage it. When speed gets passed my comfort I use the brakes to slow back to my speed. Then re engage the tow/haul. That seems to keep the surge brakes from engaging too much, and picking up too much speed. Going up the Ford V10 does a pretty good job. We are at 25,500 and it’s handled the trip well so far.
Great to hear all is well with your trip, and the dolly !
I was able to find a Pre Owned, Acme EZ-TOW dolly a couple of Hours from me for a great price. Hooked it all up to the Motorhome today, centered the strap Ratchets, marked the location for the ramps. Ready to head out on a 4-5 hr. Trip soon.
Have a great trip, be safe ! Watch out for idiots ! Saw a car actually stop on a Interstate Highway to let another vehicle merge !

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum