Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 04:06 PM   #3086
DinoC41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
More work today.

Quite a while ago i installed a battery disconnect to stop the ghost power draw. I hooked it up the the ground post on the battery closest to the compartment door.

Well ive been having some problems with it. After turning it off the coach still had power. To kill power i had to push the emergency power button on the dash. This button connects the coach and chassis batteries.

I thought the battery isolation manager, BIM, was going bad.

I called bim tech and was told to move the disconnect to the positive post.

There are 4 cables between the 2 batteries. Didnt kbow which cable controlled the coach power. After a call to thor i got the answer. Here it is if anyone needs to know what the cables power.

Rear battery has a cable running to an 100 amp fuse. Its either gen and power jacks or transformer. Second cable goes to 50 amp fuse which runs to the vreaker panel ubder the bed. Front battery has cable to another 100 amp fuse and one to the bim. The last cable is attached to both batteries tying them to each other.

The cable that needs to be disconnected is the 50 amp going to the breakers.

So i swithed the disconnect to this cable and all is well now. No more ghost draw and no need to worry about dead batteries.

I now have a very good ubderstanding what and how the bim works also how to trouble shoot problems with it.

The company was great to deal with and they have a 5 year warranty on the bim.

From what i understand thor switched to the bim a few years ago and they have been working better than the bird.

JerryAttachment 10742

Very understandable post Jerry...Well done!!!

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.