Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 05:57 PM   #11
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanford View Post
We can take a policy for actual cash value, and save a couple of hundred a year. That policy will pay the current value of the mh. Thoughts on pros and cons?
I'm certainly no expert...financial, insurance, or otherwise...
but my opinion about insurance questions like this one are that if I am in a financial position that it wouldn't be too big of a burden for me to take actual value and make up the difference to replace it, then I'd most likely take the gamble and take the couple hundred per year.
If I spent in, then I hope it was for something fun
or I could invest it, and then over a few years I'd have a decent pile of cash
or if the worst happens, then it does....but I've already established that I can take that hit without too much of a burden so if that does happen and that's the worst thing that happens to me, then well, it's not too much of a burden....

If on the other hand the difference in current value and the replacement cost would be a big burden.... as in put me under, or make me homeless.... well then, I wouldn't take that gamble and I'd spend the couple hundred per year so that I could sleep easier....

This is how I've thought about collision coverage anyway. Am I wrong for thinking of things that way?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.