Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: AC temperature
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 07:04 PM   #12
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
....cut....

"Before requesting service"

In the section sub titled "System running" The first two items are:
1. Check for dirty filters
2. Measure the "temperature split" if possible

Item 2 goes on to explain how to measure the split and states that if the temperature split is 14 - 20 degrees no service is required. It also states that if the temperature split is greater than 20 degrees to look for obstructed or closed registers downstream from the air return.

.....cut.....
What do they consider the temperature split? How do they suggest you measure it? Based on above wording it sounds like a different parameter than the inside versus outside temperature limit being discussed initially. If I misunderstood your comment I apologize. I'm just trying to make sure we are talking about the same thing.

Granted I'm reading between the lines, but if the split is above 20 F because of a blockage, it normally means the blockage is causing the air stream across the evaporator to move so slowly that the air can get too cool. This happens because the surface area of the evaporator remains the same, so when air moves slowly it has time to get colder. And although the air is getting colder, total system capacity goes down because of reduced air flow.

It may seem counterintuitive that air that is too cold coming out of an air conditioner is actually a sign of reduced capacity, but it can happen. The air may come out very cold but if there is too little of it the house will get hot.

In air conditioning the right air flow across the evaporator is also required to help control humidity at a comfortable level.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.