Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: AC temperature
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 08:09 PM   #15
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
The split is measured at the cold air return vent and at a register, preferably the furthest away from the cold air return.

I would need to verify this, but I believe the blockage referred to a blockage of an air duct feeding a register which in turns causes more cold air to flow at one or more of the other registers and thereby causing an uneven cooling condition. That is the way I understood it.

I'm not a pro and with the exception of a five year period these folks have been servicing my systems since 1994 and they haven't steered me in a wrong direction yet.
Dave, that's what I expected, and makes sense. While also very important, it's a different issue (or limitation) from what the OP asked about, which is inside versus outside temperatures. In this case they just happen to both be in the 20 F range which could add to confusion.

Thinking back on original question, I live in very hot and humid southeast Texas and my AC at home can cool house to 75 F when it's 105 F outside. And my son's new home which is insulated much better and has an AC that is too large can do even better. The system just has to have enough cooling capacity to meet or exceed the actual load at whatever conditions one wants to operate.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum