Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2018, 03:51 PM   #5
ComputerChips

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Virginia
THOR #7607
Everybody ought to get a front end alignment on a new RV. Perhaps if it can be worked into the deal at purchase. Ford or whoever sells them the bare chassis and then the motor home company installs tons of weight on it. Of course it needs re-alignment. The owner may add a little more with his stuff too. I wish I had known that. I had to pay out of pocket for an alignment $120, I believe and buy 2 tires for $500 a piece, shortly after purchase. Ford said only defective parts would be warranted, not the alignment itself. Thor ingnored my request for any compensation.
The steering wheel centering is handled during an alignment. You may have to mention that to the service dept.
They should insure that the steering wheel is straight ahead, and then correctly adjust each wheel to factory specs. Your wheels MAY be in alignment with each other and the chassis but it IS annoying to have the steering wheel on such an expensive vehicle to be way off center.
It's like having toilet paper stuck to your shoe.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.