Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 01:16 PM   #2
brucev

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: California
THOR #2544
I don't know what problems you are having. I hope this helps. I had a lot of trouble in the beginning until I quit using the auto level and use manual. This procedure works for me 1) insure engine is running and parking brake is firmly engaged. 2) Enter manual mode (on mine, up arrow to manual and press enter). 3) Ground the front and then the rear by pushing the front or rear arrow. (Grounding is lowering the jacks until they just touch the ground). 4) Continue lowering the jacks on the end that is lowest. (I use a round bubble level placed on the floor where I can see it from the driver seat). 5) After you have it level front to rear you can level from side to side by lowering the jacks on the low side of the RV until the bubble is inside the round line on the level. If I am in a site where I am very unlevel, I place blocks centered under the jacks that are on the lowest end, side or corner of the RV (ensure the blocks are level and on solid ground so you don’t bend the landing pad of the jack. Keep in mind that two jacks move at the same time, both fronts or both rears or both rights or both lefts. I takes some getting use to. Also, if it takes a long time to level sometimes the breaker will trip and needs to be reset. Mine is located in the battery compartment. Good luck and safe travels.
brucev is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum