Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 09:52 PM   #1
tgsmith4845

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.4
State: California
THOR #12011
New 2018 ACE 30.4

Hello everybody, just bought a new ACE 30.4 from a local dealer. Beautiful coach. I’ve been renting for a few years now and finally decided to buy. I walked through the RV yesterday, drove it and bought it. Will pick it up in a few weeks. For info, I’ll be using this RV mostly on racing weekends here in CA, towing a race car on an open aluminum trailer, total weight ~ 4000#.

As a new RV buyer, I have a few questions, and am really looking for recommendations from more experienced RVers. I didn’t have a lot of time to thoroughly inspect it yesterday and am looking forward to picking it up so I can really go through it. I know a lot of my questions will be answered when I do the walk through, but want to be prepared as possible.

1) Does this unit have an inverter? I didn’t see one when I walked through it, and noticed the TVs didn’t power up w/o shore power or the gen running. What are the pros / cons of adding an inverter.

2) I’ve read a lot about the “CHF” and tightening the sway bars, and also adding a steering stabilizer. When I drove it yesterday it felt good, so much better than the rental RVs I’ve used in the past, as I expected it would being new. I’m planning to drive it as is for a while to get a feel for it before doing either of these mods. Good idea?

3) The RV is “solar ready” with a mount on the roof. What else is there? I’m assuming there are wires installed to the batteries. Does it have a solar controller somewhere or is that something I’ll need to purchase along with solar panels. What kind of panels should one get?

Thank you all. Looking forward to some great miles.

Tim

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum