Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Mixed Messages
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 02:12 AM   #2
gmtech16450yz

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 27.7
State: California
THOR #10907
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichRob View Post
My wife and I just bought a 2018 Vegas 24.1 from Camping World, Berkley Mass. This is our first RV and I have had many questions, but answers I am receiving from CW and Thor conflict. So, I am posting, hoping that other Vegas owners can set me straight. First, do the stove top burners have an electric start? Thor said yes, and I must not have battery installed, but CW said no, it is lit by a match. Second, do all TVs operate with one DVD player? Thor said yes, but CW said just the TV in main cabin. Lastly, the cab radio and cameras do not work unless battery switch by entrance is turned on. CW said it is the only way it works, Thor said it should work through fuse connection under the hood. Can anyone set us straight?
Wow. First of all welcome!

The wow is because Thor was 3 for 3 on NOT knowing their own products. Unless your stove has a black plastic switch near the burner knobs, you have to light it with a match or butane lighter. Our '18 Vegas 27.7 has the Dometic stove top model that you have to light with a match or lighter. The model that has the lighter costs about $100 more, I guess Thor didn't think we'd notice if they sourced the cheaper model. The other way to tell if it's the 12 volt model with the lighter is it would need to have TWO little pins sticking up near the burners. The one in back looks like a starter, but it's actually a safety shutoff just like a thermocoupler on a furnace or water heater. If it has the lighter, there would be a second "pin" sticking up towards the front side of the burners.

On the TV's they all have separate HDMI cables. You can't watch the same source on all 3 TV's. There is no "main" RCA or HDMI input that would feed all the separate TV's.

And yes, the cab radio only works when the rear battery circuits are on. It's power feed comes from the rear battery.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.