Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Warranty Claims
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 05:06 AM   #5
K9Piper

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis RUV 24.1
State: New York
THOR #9288
warranty work

I have had warranty issues, nothing major...all minor things like a missing screen door lockset, a compartment where the door locks but can be pulled open because the lock shaft will not go deeper in to the bottom of the opening frame and a chip in a cabinet door in the galley and the bathroom and lastly a crack in a piece of wood in the bedroom bed frame.
Nothing major and my estimate to change out or repair / replace many 3 hours of work. Dealer never calls with a repair appointment nor calls on the status of the parts being shipped.
I contacted Thor and I was amazed how fast I had authorization to replace the discovered warranty issues. It seems that the dealer has not called for the parts. With Thor if the dealer does not call Thor they will not send out the parts even if the warranty issues are held up by the dealers thoughtfulness in ordering the approved warranty work and parts.
So the bottom line might just be the dealers fault in the delay> Nice of the dealer to take your &&& they renege in making prompt warranty repairs. That's what I call uealershipproblems.
One day perhaps, our state governments might smarten up and regulate the failure of handling warranty issues in a swift manner as that should be the way business is done through state regulation with standards being set under the consumer protection laws.
I would think the State Attorney General should have a section to handle this sort of issue as well as contacting the states DMV who would start an investigation after they receive more than one warranty issue on a dealer who has failed to accommodate the owner who needs warranty service issues!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum