Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Safe-t-plus
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 11:08 PM   #14
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob.Squires View Post
I purchased a safe-t-plus and had it installed by a truck alignment shop that said they knew how to do it. After several go-rounds with that shop, it became apparently did not know how to adjust it.

I then paid again to have an RV place adjust it to keep it from pulling to the side.

After much $$$ it at least does not pull to one side. But I feel no improvement in steering. I’ve crawled under and can see that it is there and appears to be properly installed

For me, I just spent a wad of money for nothing

I wonder if something was installed or adjusted wrong or the device was damaged. I don’t know how to tell.

Sorry you had such a hassle with installation. Its not really difficult to do but easily can take 3 or 4 incremental adjustments to get it set up properly. As to the effect on steering I don’t think it is supposed to alter steering feel. It’s primary purpose is to prevent/resist sudden changes in direction such as would happen with a front wheel blowout or dropping one side off the edge of the payment. Also can make a difference with strong wind gusts and such but I never felt much difference with small gusts like from a passing truck.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.