Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 11:25 AM   #2
The Gritz Carlton

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Not sure how dense or soft the sand is there. Some drive-on beaches around here are packed, dampish sand but you will still run across soft spots occasionally. The sugar soft sands will cause a problem. I have a similar size coach and have years of experience driving on beaches along the east coast and I wouldn't even consider taking mine on the sands of a beach. Once the rear tires slip just a little...down they will go. Another concern is the weight on the front axle causing those tires to just bulldoze right into the sand. It would be an expensive tow. Not to mention the salt exposure to the under carriage. There are some guys out west that have the 4X4 Super C's for the dunes. Not sure how that works out. Bottom line...nothing that heavy with that narrow of a tire with only rear wheel drive on the beach.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum