Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Safe-t-plus
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 12:23 PM   #16
RV Pirate

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37 LX
State: Florida
THOR #7853
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstandiford View Post
I'm looking into steering stabilizer and curious what make Safety Plus better than others like Roadmaster or BlueOx
Safe t plus has lifetime warranty. Roadmaster is one year. That was the deciding factor for me. Not sure about Blue Ox warranty.

Couldn't be happier with the Safe t plus. Well worth the money and would recommend to anyone thinking about it. I ordered from Safe t plus directly, fantastic customer service and very friendly and knowledgeable about their products.

Although it wasn't too bad before installing ( did the CHF from day one) it's like driving a totally different RV now.

Would highly recommend checking your alignment before installing. My steering wheel is just a few degrees left of center now when wheels are straight. I can live with that for now since it's barely off center.

I couldn't tell that prior to installing the Safe t plus since it was hard to determine what straight was while I was sawing on the wheel a bit to stay straight.

Install for me was scary easy, took about 45 minutes total, most of which was rounding up tools. I thought I may have had some trouble loosening the leaf spring u bolts based on some comments I've seen. I blasted the bolts with liquid wrench the night before installing and the next day had no trouble removing the u bolt nuts with a 1/2 breaker bar. Almost nailed it dead on with first attempt, over adjusted the other way on 2nd and hit it dead on with the 3rd adjustment. [emoji88]

<'))))>(
RV Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.