Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Safe-t-plus
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 01:22 PM   #17
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV Pirate View Post
Safe t plus has lifetime warranty. Roadmaster is one year. That was the deciding factor for me. Not sure about Blue Ox warranty.

Couldn't be happier with the Safe t plus. Well worth the money and would recommend to anyone thinking about it. I ordered from Safe t plus directly, fantastic customer service and very friendly and knowledgeable about their products.

Although it wasn't too bad before installing ( did the CHF from day one) it's like driving a totally different RV now.

Would highly recommend checking your alignment before installing. My steering wheel is just a few degrees left of center now when wheels are straight. I can live with that for now since it's barely off center.

I couldn't tell that prior to installing the Safe t plus since it was hard to determine what straight was while I was sawing on the wheel a bit to stay straight.

Install for me was scary easy, took about 45 minutes total, most of which was rounding up tools. I thought I may have had some trouble loosening the leaf spring u bolts based on some comments I've seen. I blasted the bolts with liquid wrench the night before installing and the next day had no trouble removing the u bolt nuts with a 1/2 breaker bar. Almost nailed it dead on with first attempt, over adjusted the other way on 2nd and hit it dead on with the 3rd adjustment. [emoji88]

I put a Safe T Plus on my class C and found the installation to be very straightforward. Took me 3 tries to get it adjusted just right. When I traded for a class A I chose the Roadmaster, mostly because other Roadmaster products I’ve purchased have been wonderfully engineered and beautifully made. Oh, and it was cheaper. It was a different chassis so not strictly comparable but install was even easier and I got it adjusted more quickly (mostly because I was more careful to have the steering centered before I started he installation). They seem to function equally well but I think the Roadmaster seemed to be a bit more substantial - although, again, since it is on a bigger coach it was a larger size. If I ever need another I’m going to go with whichever is cheaper. You won’t go wrong with either.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum