Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 11:18 PM   #18
thor293

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
I have the 29.3 and have been through them all, had a truck camper went to a Diesel Pusher to a 5th wheel to another 5th wheel to a class C to the ACE. The ACE is convenient and easy to maneuver but like said has less storage space than a 5er, what that means is you just pick what you really need to carry. I am retiring next june and we will be living in ours 7-9 months out of the year. What I will tell you about the ACE's or actually any of the gas F53 coaches, you usually have to make some mods to get them to handle decent, sway bar adjustments, front and rear track bars and not necessary but some like changing the shocks and adding sumo springs. 5th wheels pull great in wind, these big boxes not so much, the track bar and sway bars pretty much handle Semi caused sway but side gust winds not so much, but consider you will see semi's also swaying in strong winds so you do have that

Oh, one thing about the ACE's they have the bunk overhead, for retirement that is just useless, we said we would take the grand kids but it never happens, not all is lost though, I removed half of the bunk and use the front part for a shelf for storage.
Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.