Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 03:14 AM   #9
JohnR13

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo
State: Wisconsin
THOR #11270
Quote:
Originally Posted by paluka44 View Post
We recently purchased a Miramar 35.3 and when we run the heater the kitchen cabinets get really hot, the pots and pans in the lower cabinet get too hot to touch. There are no leaks from the heater duct that I can see, it is not insulated and I am going to wrap the heater vent hose in a blanket of insulation. Has anyone else run across this issue. The heater vent is just a thin plastic accordion hose.
Thanks,

Yes, in our rig the furnace is inside the curbside bathroom cabinet. Even with all the ducts properly connected, the bathroom gets like a sauna with the furnace operating. I can see why, if your furnace is inside the kitchen cabinets or nearby, and/or a duct is disconnected, why it would heat up so much. That sucker gets HOT!

J

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum