Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 10:59 AM   #20
SuperD

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by petefoss View Post
Got a link for the round vent? I have been removing the cover completely to let the blast straight down rather than through the ducts during the day. And putting back up at night to cool the bedroom.
The round vent is available from Amazon, Camping World, and many other sources. Remove the four screws holding the ceiling cover in place and then remove the cover. Mark a spot in the center of the cover under where the AC exhaust is. Use the vent as a pattern and draw a circle where the vent will mount. Drill a 3/8” pilot hole and use a jigsaw with a fine tooth blade to cut out the circle you drew, take your time and keep the blade on the line, the plastic cuts very easily. Use four 1/2” #6 stainless panhead screws to mount the round vent. Reinstall the inside ceiling cover. You can goof off and still do the install in 30 min easily.

I’ve done several of these vents and they do make a difference. I leave the ducted vents open and use the round vent to direct air where I want it.

Here is the link to the vent on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0095TEFNA...ing=UTF8&psc=1

If the link doesn’t work search for RV round air vent and then look for the vent made by JR Products.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum