Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 11:08 AM   #4
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike turner View Post

.....cut...

Sure, we have a gen. but we don't like it running so much and that interferes with quiet time, usually from 10PM to 6AM

Yes, I know we can add more batteries but where do you stop? More solar panels. More, and bigger controller --- invert-er and so on ? --- $$$$$$$
Not what you asked, but strictly going by the numbers, if you can’t easily run your residential fridge through the 8-hour quiet time on 4 batteries, you may have some other issues affecting the entire system.

Have you tried doing an energy audit to quantify how much of the problem is the fridge? I don’t doubt it’s the biggest energy hog, but are you sure batteries are good? Or that solar is producing what it should, etc? What about other users?

I do understand your problem. My sister hated her residential fridge also, mostly for other reasons. They got rid of problem along with RV. The new motorhome has conventional RV fridge, albeit much smaller one.

Don’t mean to question your plans, it’s just that it’s such a large and expensive project.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum