Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Amps and A/C
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 05:38 PM   #3
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
with 50amps on each leg, it probably matters little 'which' side each A/C is attached to, as it's plenty of amps for the A/C requirements, each only 12amps or so. You may just not be using any of the other items on the other 'leg', such as the Water Heater(elec element), and the Inverted circuits(sub panel), such as the many outlets in the coach, including TVs, Fridge, Microwave, etc.
If the TVs are off, the microwave is not in use, and the Fridge's compressor is not running, you could have most of your current usage only on one leg of the breaker box.

I don't want to say that you don't deserve what you think the A/C units should be giving you, but I also know that everyone has a different 'feel' for what 'temperature' is to them. I may can take 80 degrees and think it's great, you may not. We use a LOT of fans around the coach, to keep the air moving, which is more important to me than simply the temperature that the thermostat is reading.

The outside temp, humidity, your insulation of the coach, whether you are under shade, etc., all impact the feeling of being comfortable.
Even our own spouses usually have a difference of opinion of whether it's comfortable or not!

To each his/her own : )

I've also found on our two 13.5k units, probably just like yours, is to OPEN the full force outlet, rather than using the round vents... it will still come out the vents, but will be more forceful right under the units.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.