Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 10:12 PM   #3147
thor293

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
So a/c is up on the roof and semi wired up. My buddy ended up bring his lift. It lifted it about 3 ft from the roof. He and another friend pushed up as i pulled it up and on to the roof. Very simple and easy. Before bringing it up i pulled the 28 screws out of the vent and cleaned all the dicorp and buetal tape off the roof. This took about an hour to clean up. I then put eternabond
Tape around the vent to cover the screw holes

To my surprise i found two 12 volt wires in the vent. Used these to pull the romex from the vent to the cabinet above the bed. Used 12 ga wire here and it will terminate in the cabinet at the 20 amp breaker box that will be mounted in the cabinet. From the breaker to the cg pedestal will be 10 ga wire.

Had to order the wire from home depot. It will be there tomorrow. So the rest of the wiring and outside plug install will be tomorrow or sunday.

Bolted ac down installed the ceiling unit and done.

Overall this,was a very easy mod. The only difficult part was fishing the wire down the bathroom wall to the floor. We have 1 wire in the wall now. Waiting for home depot to deliver

JerryAttachment 10935Attachment 10936Attachment 10937Attachment 10938Attachment 10939Attachment 10940Attachment 10941Attachment 10942Attachment 10943
Easy Peasy!
Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum