Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2018, 06:44 PM   #15
Gary A

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 28z
State: North Carolina
THOR #7401
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
Greetings,

I just spent the last 2 1/2 hours cleaning the mold from the awning of our 3 year old Vegas 24.1 (both on the topside and the underside).
The procedure involved a power pressure washer set at 1500PSI, half a gallon of "Awsome", safety glasses, a folding step ladder and a long handled scrub brush.
The final "scrub down" required 4 Mr. Clean Magic Erasers followed by a heavy rinse cycle. Please note, using a 2"X4" Mr. Clean Magic Eraser by hand on a 18'X8' awning (both sides mind you) makes you wonder what was so "Magical" about the experience.
Now that the deed is done and the awning looks like new I am hoping that some of the more senior RVer's can advise as to products to protect the awning from a regrowth of the mold...or an easier way to remove it!
Our next awning will not be white on the underside.

DocReott
DopcMike, sounds like you did an awesome job cleaning yours. I live fairly close to you and was wondering if you could swing by and tackle mine?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.