Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Amps and A/C
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2018, 06:46 PM   #17
ppsafetyman

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35M
State: Arizona
THOR #9076
I live in Arizona and had the same problem with cooling. I have a 2018 35M Hurricane with two 13,500 AC units and could not get the coach to cool down. I had a crazy thought one day and bought a room divider ceiling track online and installed it directly behind the front seats. I got a pair of room darkening insulated drapes t Wally World and push them to each side when traveling. When stopped we pull them together and hold them with chip clips and wala, better cooling instantly. I'm not saying this is the cure but it sure helped in the 110-120 degree days and if you stick your head through the curtains the driver's compartment is too hot to breathe in. Stands to reason that if you have less space to cool the AC will work better. I'm just speaking from personal experience but it works well for me.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum