Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2018, 01:03 PM   #3155
Red

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Ohio
THOR #10451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxjr758 View Post
Our first Class A , and first attempt to load our 2015 Ford Edge, on our preowned Acme EzTow .
It's a tight fit maybe 1 1/2-2 inches clearance on each side, and no place under the Edge to connect the tow dolly safety chains. We decided my wife would just drive it this time. I have back issues, and by the time I got it loaded and crawled around looking for a place to attach the safety chains, then unloaded,I was hurting. I'm hardheaded and though I'd be ok once I got on the road, but I had to turn around and come back home after only 50-60 really Painful miles, and cancel our first Beach trip in our Class A.
Anyone us a tow dolly, without the chains from car, to the dolly ?

Hi There

We have a Kar Kaddy SS and have used it a couple times. First with our Honda Odyssey, I took a sales person's word for it that we would have no issues. The van was 1 inch wider than max spec. So the fenders rubbed our splash guards (no biggie). The larger issue was the owner (me) not checking that the ramps were locked before unloading. It turns our they can move a little in transit. So as I pulled off it allowed the wheels to drop a little too soon and caught the plastic under-body parts and almost removed our front bumper. The return trip was fine. We have also pulled our CT-200h without issue. Over all it's great and folds nicely for a smaller footprint when stored. Yes, it's costly but so far we like the flexibility. As far as safety tie-down we loop the changes over the lower suspension with no issue. If there is a strap failure you will likely have larger problems than a tweaked suspension to worry about.

Enjoy your travels!!

Red
2011 BMW M3 Convertible
Red is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum