Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 03:02 PM   #70
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Yeah two A/C units in any of the Axis/Vegas campers would turn the thing into a meat locker. Most of us aren't planning on storing many sides of beef in them so we're all happy with one A/C!

The whole coach is only wired for 30A service (heck the auto crossover switch for the genny in ours is only rated for 20A!).

....cut.....
My small Class C, a little smaller than an Axis/Vegas, only had one AC and often on sunny hot days it couldn't get cool enough. Rented Class Cs in the 27 to 30 ft range were about the same, maybe worse. Definitely not meat locker territory. I'm hoping insulation has improved over the years, but these Cs didn't have as much glass as the Axis/Vegas. Glad to hear one AC is enough.

The Axis/Vegas comes standard with 4,000 watt generator, that should put out at least the 30 Amps equal to shore power. I'm not following why you have a 20A switch. Can you explain what it does or how it's wired in?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.