Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2018, 06:53 PM   #21
vkb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
It’s a B+ by Coachmen. I haven’t looked at it other than on Internet, and may not. It’s size does split the difference between a van and Axis, so that’s a big plus. However, we are also not big fans of the Ford Transit cab for motorhome use. Maybe recent revisions have helped — don’t know.

At 24 feet it’s the same length as my previous “C” but narrower and lower, and seems roomy in pictures for 2 people by sacrificing the bedroom. I also like the forward facing seats, no slide, and space to occassionally sleep 2 children, but it would come down to how easy the queen bed was to lower, and whether getting in it was easy as we get older.

I like the overall packaging, but not sure about the details. It may be worth a look. Other than not having a bicycle garage and permanent beds (like Euro units that size), it’s close to what I’ve been looking for.
Chance … That Coachman is on the same chassis as the Travato … Ron drove it...he said it was 'ok' .. As I said in another post..my biggest problem with the Camper Vans is the extremely small refrig. I could adjust to the small microwave...all we do is heat coffee and some food items or snacks anyway... The wet bath...we dealt with that in our first motorhome..that 21' Starflyte… it was doable. I have been curious about the overhead Queen which is lowered. At our age...I think, getting into and out of in the middle of the night would be a real challenge !

We STILL LOVE OUR AXIS .. I will be greatly surprised if Ron makes the change.

In addition, Chance...Ron sez...if you don't like a slide...just don't use it !!
ya ya we know...it is the weight etc. of it being there.

I hope you find an RV you like...sounds like you are close !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum