Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2018, 08:08 PM   #23
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
Chance … That Coachman is on the same chassis as the Travato … Ron drove it...he said it was 'ok' .. As I said in another post..my biggest problem with the Camper Vans is the extremely small refrig. I could adjust to the small microwave...all we do is heat coffee and some food items or snacks anyway... The wet bath...we dealt with that in our first motorhome..that 21' Starflyte… it was doable. I have been curious about the overhead Queen which is lowered. At our age...I think, getting into and out of in the middle of the night would be a real challenge !

We STILL LOVE OUR AXIS .. I will be greatly surprised if Ron makes the change.

In addition, Chance...Ron sez...if you don't like a slide...just don't use it !!
ya ya we know...it is the weight etc. of it being there.

I hope you find an RV you like...sounds like you are close !
Kay, I believe the Coachmen Orión started out on the RAM ProMaster chassis (same as Travato), but Coachmen appears to have switched it over to the Ford Transit last year, or year before that. The Ford has rear wheel drive, plus an extra ~ 1,000 pounds GVWR.

I think the problem Coachmen probably had when building on the ProMaster chassis is that the cargo carrying capacity wasn’t adequate; particularly for the rear axle. Other similar-size Class B+ on ProMaster chassis (like the REV) had weight issues.

The Travato, being a pure van camper, is much smaller and lighter, and therefore has much more cargo carrying capacity. Also, since the Travato can get 16 ~ 17 MPG, the range is much better. It’s not great, but it’s OK.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum