Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 02:46 PM   #25
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by FW28z View Post
Unless of course you are like me and install the baseplate yourself.
Ah, but what was the "opportunity cost" of installing that base plate yourself. I am sure your time is valued at something higher than 0 and as such what was the true cost of you installing that base plate yourself. Something else got put to the side while your time was otherwise consumed so what is the cost associated there as well.

Although it may not be measured in dollars and cents there is a cost associated with doing anything oneself. It may be measured in leisure time lost, costs associated with shifting priorities, or some other indirect or non-monetary cost.

Installing that base plate yourself cost you something, the question you must answer is what was the value of that time spent. The same would apply to paying a delivery and setup charge for an appliance or furniture vs picking it up and installing it yourself.

Again, one must consider all the facts. Opportunity costs are a fact of life as well as a factor in all economic decisions we make. Unfortunately few folks consider them when making decisions and often wonder where the time went or why they didn't get something else done.

As a note, I try to plan ahead and my travel planning includes fuel stops. The use of the satellite and street views of Google Maps has, for me, identified numerous gas stations to avoid and those that appear to provide easy entrance and exit. Using this method, as well as Pilot Flying J locations with dedicated RV lanes, I have never had to disconnect the car or dolly to get fuel. And yes, I was knocking on my wood desk while typing this paragraph.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.