(for #1 refer to thread "oopsie"). I started to think something was not quite right two nights ago when we started to trip the circuit breaker at the pedestal. I wasn't doing anything differently than the usual set up. AC on, hot water tank on, fridge on and a few other appliances. Never had a problem before. This morning while staying in Dodge City, Kansas I was up and about getting the coffee ready when I noticed a burning smell coming from the bedroom area. Suddenly the DW yells there's smoke coming from under the bed. I ran outside and shut the main breaker down. I propped the bed compartment up and did a little investigating. Sure enough, two wires in the main junction box were pulled together too tight so a connection could be made. Over time the rubbing back and forth caused the insulation to wear causing a short which in turn led to high resistance and overheated circuits. Thank God this happened in the morning and not at night when we were sleeping, the results might have been quite tragic otherwise. A great big shout out to Kinsey Automotive in Dodge City, KS, who despite being quite busy, took us in and fixed the problem and checked the other wiring as well. As others have said on this forum it's a good idea to have your wiring checked.
Mass State Police (Ret)
2016 Thor Ace 30.1