Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2018, 01:24 PM   #1
RVMichael

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #11784
Newbie Loving the RV Life!

Hi All,

I have always loved camping but still having conveniences. I camped in my 21 foot boat and had a great time, but the wife went once or twice and said nyet. (She's actually a huge chummer, e.g. gets seasick easily.) We started watching the tv show GoRVing and it the varieties of RV's was outstanding. My wife stated she dreamed of traveling in an RV and seeing the country.

I was visiting various RV dealers in the area by myself and asked her if she wanted to come and always turned me down. Anyway, every salesperson would listen very little and somehow we would be looking at huge Class A's. Finally she said OK and off we went to a local RV dealer who was featured on GoRVing and looked like a very nice place. Luckily we bumped into a salesman who actually did listen. Whenever I started talking he would cease and really listen intently to what I or the wife was saying.

We wound up purchasing a Thor Vegas 24.1. It has a ton of features and accoutrements (yes this a boon to the "World's Angriest Man", Jack Rebney. If you don't know his story, do yourself a favor and take some time to learn. It is hilarious and tragic.) It is the perfect size for us two empty nesters and somebody who isn't comfortable driving large vehicles.

Long story short, we just completed camping for one night at a full service very large RV park and two nights at a local state park and the wife wants me to make reservations at tons of parks. Since my middle name is "Go" and her's is "No", this is quite a departure from our normal ways and has given us a new goal in our retirement besides avoiding killing each other, LOL.

...Loving The RV Life... or LTRVL (Hey maybe I can work that into a name for our RV.)

PS -- When can we remove the Newbie tag?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum