Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2015, 07:11 PM   #48
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
....cut....

Yeah, I suppose the middle ground demand just isn't there.
Yet most Euro Class As have them -- at least large enough for bicycles, which is a much more popular sport in Europe. My wife and I are into cycling and I prefer to keep our bikes protected and out of sight.

Euro MHs are also smaller and with floor much lower to ground, so they have little or no storage along sides. They seem to consolidate all the exterior storage into one large garage (compared to an Axis/Vegas 24.1 for example).

I'd like to know if companies like Thor do market research as to whether buyers don't want a tall Mega Storage rear compartment, or if buyers just don't want the rear bedroom with little headroom that is common to these Euro Class As. Obviously the large compartment comes at expense of bedroom headroom.

Personally, I don't have an issue with going up a couple of steps on way to rear bed(s), but expect most American buyers would. Still, the lack of many/any Euro-style motorhomes is puzzling.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum