Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 06:39 PM   #104
rynosback

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post
I've been following this thread. On our 2017 Memphis, there isn't enough room to drop the fan and have room to walk under it. The Memphis has the off door slide just about full height, and the door side slide is like everyone else. If I stand in the slide I have less than a foot of headroom and would have to duck under the fan blades.
So, is there an aftermarket fan blade bracket that you can buy that would angle/tilt the blades more in their current location tucked close to the ceiling?
I looked into that as the first solution but I could not find where you could just buy the brackets. Pitch was just part of the problem. The other issue is that the blades were only about an inch from the ceiling. I flush mounted the new fan at first. There was some improvement, but not what I was looking for. I then installed the down rod and really saw a significant amount of air flow.
Not sure what to tell you but maybe to measure what clearance you would need and try to find a fan that would fit your specs. This is how I started the search.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum