Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 02:18 AM   #1
bry899

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 22E
State: New York
THOR #12119
RV Roof Vent Fan

I was looking to add a fan to the roof vent over the bed without spending alot of money. The fan used in the bathroom works good but a fan like that is too Loud for over the bed.
I came up with another solution I installed a Computer Fan "120mm 12cm PC Computer Clear Case Quad 4 LED Light CPU Cooling", they are $4 with free shipping on Ebay, I also had to buy a switch which was another $3. They come in clear with LED lights inside, I have purple light, which is not that bright.

They use very little electric, lightweight, and are super quiet, the holes line up with the holes in the vent frame (you must provide your own screws). My wires were under the cover.

They are nowhere near as powerful as the Bathroom fan in the amount of air that is moved.
Ideally the best Fan for over the bed would be The Fantastic and Maxxfan.
We usually will sleep with the AC on if it is 70 degrees or warmer, so the fan is good enough when we don't use AC on Cooler nights.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180702_152725.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	11190

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180702_152737.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	11191

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.