Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 10:09 PM   #13
Bob Denman
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Update...

They are right: this is NOT a tough job!
But it STILL took me 90 minutes to install just one of them!

Once the Missus decided that she didn't like ladders or heights: I got my chance at thew plate!
After stripping everything off that might damage the roof: Up I went. I left my shoes at the top of the ladder, and spread out a ground cloth by the first vent.
The Missus pitched me a line, and I made the first of many hauls: this one had the plastic scrapers, a screwdriver, and some cleaning rags. The Sealant that they used around the factory vent came up really easy. I took my time, and got it all out of the way.... and realized how DIRTY the roof was!
Six screws, and the vent was loose. The Missus passed me up the roof cleaner, and I got a nice-sized patch ready for my handiwork!
Up comes the Vent cap, the drill, and my drill bits...
Now I start getting clumsy!
Any of you could have stuck the thing in place, punched three holes in the sides, and had the screws nailed down in no time...
It ain't that easy for this old blind clumsy bird!
Between dropping screws, dropping the flange down over my work, and not being able to find my screwdriver: I kept myself busy for WAYYYY to long!
But once I got it screwed into place: the sealant slopped on pretty quick, and we called it a day...

...There was some motorcycle riding to do...

I'll finish the other vent tomorrow, and even take some pictures!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.