Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2018, 03:30 PM   #3266
gnach

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.4
State: California
THOR #6582
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor293 View Post
This definitely applies to ACE coaches and I assume it may be all the Thors.

Today I decided I was going to line the inside of the front cap with reflectix and stuff it full of insulation. Its 80 outside and the rv is in my building so I decided to turn the AC on for comfort. While working up in the cap area I though, Man those ac vents really push some air up here, then I though "WAIT A MINUTE" I pulled the round vent closest to the drivers seat down and found out that they did not block the tunneling for the ac at the end of that vent, a HUGE amount of the ac was actually blowing up into the cap area!
I blocked it with some foam board and tape, the single AC now has the inside down to 67*...snip...

Yes, I saw the situation with our Axis. I'm thinking I can fill the unblocked tunnel past the last vent, both front and back, with spray foam. I'll look for a low expansion foam to prevent overfilling back to the vent and maybe stuff some newspaper in first. Thanks for the tip and to photos.

The back cap on ours is unisulated, I don't know about the front but will invetigate.
Hellwig sway bars F&R, 235/85 Hankook ATM, alignment...HUGE!!!
Battery watering, 260watts Solar and BigFeets to make life easier.
gnach is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum