Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2015, 04:02 AM   #14
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by epinkks View Post
Happened to me on my new 2015 Thor ACE over the weekend. Could not get over about 78 mph. Called Thor and they set me up with a Ford dealer for a checkup. They haven't checked it out yet but after reading this forum and talking to a friend that is a Ford truck mechanic I am sure it is a speed limiter. Here in Texas the speed limit is 80 and in some areas its 85. Guess I won't be keeping up. My biggest surprise however is that neither Thor nor the Ford dealership mentioned anything about a speed limiter. Makes me wonder about them.
Ford has an option for fleet customers to have a speed limiter installed on the E series stripped and cutaway and F53 chassis. The speed limiter is available for two settings I believe one is approx. 55 and the other is about 70.

I imagine Ford pre assembles the chassis and then when Thor places an order they get what Ford has available. It is quite possible Thor has no idea which coach chassis have the limiters installed.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is online now   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.