Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 02:25 PM   #16
JohnnyChaps

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New York
THOR #12211
Hi, I just purchased and installed Husky brand scissor jacks in the rear of my 2015 Chateau 28A. When the kids were rolling around in their beds at night, the whole camper was rocking. With the jacks down it really helps minimize that movement.

I picked them up on Amazon for a good price and they seem to be well made. I bolted them to the frame using the self tapping lag bolts that came with the jacks.

Any experience or concerns about using the bolts and not welding them to the frame? I added a couple of stainless washers to give the bolts some extra holding area. I was a little concerned about using the lag bolts and not using actual bolts with nuts, but it was not easy screwing them in. I needed to use a breaker bar to get enough force. I was hoping that due to the force needed to screw them in, it will really hold well.

Thanks, John

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.