Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 06:49 PM   #1
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Reject more Roof heat with my tips

Two Tips to reject roof heat inside the RV.

While I was insuating my AC unit on the roof to reject heat + to keep in cold air in I touched the black colored Max Air vent covers and they were very hot to the touch.

First tip: I removed these covers (4 pins hold them) and I took some of my left over Dynomat insulation and put it directly to the plastic vent covers (the part that pops up an down when you crank them). This not only rejected a ton of heat, it deadened that plastic hollow sound they use to make while raising and lowering and blocked what little light would shine in with my Max Air vent covered on. I no longer have to use my foam inserts to reject heat and its cool to the touch on the inside areas around the vent. Im sure it makes my AC work much better.

The 2nd tip: I used my clear Cermic window tint "Free sample" I had on hand and installed inbetween the inner and outer shower skylight - but I had to use some spray adhesive on the corners to hold it down. It looks like it did before and this made a huge difference in the bathroom heat. I left the bathroom roof vent alone since it lets in a ton of light when needed (I just use one of my foam vent covers to block heat). But I might use the Dynomat on it at a latter date. Now I dont close the bathroom door to keep it from heating up the RV in the summertime and Im sure it will help with UV rays deteriorating that pastics and wood in that area.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum