Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2015, 05:05 PM   #9
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Hmm...Thinking. The easiest way would be to setup an RV network of small devices to control each item. The network could either be wired (CAN) or wireless (WiFi, Bluetooth, or Z-Wave)--obviously wireless would be slightly easier. Then you'd just need the main controller by the driver. Personally I'm not sure I'd need any of those controls on a HUD as none of them really impact driving (like say driving directions would). A smartphone and/or tablet interface may be good enough. The smartphone/tablet interface would also provide the ability to control everything from outside the unit as well.

(I'm saying a network because the refer control point will be at the refer and not at the main panel, and some other items like the use/store switch are also remote.)
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.