Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 03:56 AM   #1
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Picture of my $8 custom stainless steel grill.

Here is a picture of my custom $8 stainless steel grill. Its 4 "Gutter Guards" from Home Depot. I cut to fit, bent the top and bottom to mold to the inside of grill, removed the plastic chrome cover from factory (4 bolts) and zip tied new grill in several spots about 6 or 8 inches apart from each other. I did use some "Gel super glue" on the upper part of top grill only since it seems a little loose (no place to zip tie on the very top and very bottom strips). Its been in place for 3 mo or more and still looks great. I spray painted some shinny stainless steel radiator supports for the AC condenser so its totally black behind my grill.

It adds more of an upscale look to my RV plus will protect radiator from big bugs and small birds/rocks. I have been watching my temp gauge on long uphill’s and I am happy to report NO change in the needles location (But I dont tow anything right now). So I don’t believe I will have anything to worry about for my application. If you run in an area with mega bugs you might want to scrape or rinse them off to prevent overheating if that is your concern. I find the garden hose with garden sprayer washes most bug out just fine. Or you might use a can of compressed air on the road.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4589.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	11325  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum