Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 03:38 AM   #1
Rocky49

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Daybreak 22 GOC (aka 22E)
State: Alberta
THOR #7302
Exclamation Thor Freedom Elite 23H Water ingress & Corrosion

I have a 2014 Thor Freedom Elite 23H, which is also marketed as a Thor Chateau or Thor 4 Winds, which came from the Atlantic coast of Florida. It has neat little white foldup table in the cargo compartment. When I take it out I note it has corrosion and rust marks. I have now twice coated it with WD40. Next time it will get at coat of POR on the metal parts. The effects of its time in Florida are evident on the fasteners on the hatches. Salt air gets in everywhere. The storage compartment where the table is stored was found to have a large puddle of water. How it got there is anyone's guess, but because of the cargo well being sealed it can only be soaked up. There is a drain plug but they did not put it at the low point!!!

This is not the only place of I have found water pooled. I probably removed a half gallon of water from the sealed well where the external or shore power cable is stored. Yes there is a plastic cover that goes around the cord, or close it off when not in use. Again the water has no place to go, it must be soaked up. Check your rigs. These issues can be water damage, corrosion, mould, and electrocution. The whole reason for checking these locations was a poor seal on the rear cargo hatches leading to everything being coated in dust after travelling into campgrounds off the pavement.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.