Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 02:08 PM   #7
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
You batteries are the typical Harris starting batteries that Thor MC installs in all their gas coaches. They are group 24 12 volt flooded batteries. They are rated at 73 amp-hours each. The replacement batteries size should be determined by the the space you have. With most coaches, the height is the most critical. With my coach, width is also critical but length really doesn't matter. AGM are a must because of their location in my battery compartment. Pick your size and then your amp hour rating then you can go looking for pricing. Size 24 12 volt AGM deep cycle batteries start at about $200 each and go to $325 for Lifeline. The 6 volt deep cycle most often used is the GC2 which is rated at 220 amp hours but it is 11.5" high. You group 24s are 9.25 inches high. They are pricey especially in the popular brands of AGM. I know as I have 6 of them in my golf cart at $325 each. The most respected brands are Trojan and Lifeline and CG2 size in the flooded type is around $150. The best price seems to be from Sams club at $92 for Duracell.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum