Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 08:47 PM   #10
PMowrey

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #1314
I'm confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianh442 View Post
Almost forgot to mention,

If you are driving a Ford F-53 chassis and is less than 3-4 years old, take a look at the rear sway bar mounting brackets. I had an issue in August, while driving I noticed a little sway and roll, just chalked it up to the wind. While underneath my coach looking to route a grounding wire, I noticed the mounting bracket for the passenger side sway bar was bent. It appeared the head of the bolt sheared right off and the bracket had bent upward and the sway bar had slid partially out of the bracket.

The ford truck center fixed it under warranty, approx 45 min fix. The service rep stated they have seen a few of them broke in the last year or so. He didn't know if it was a batch of bad bolts or if they were being over torqued during installation. At any rate, he explained that they only seem to fail in the first year or two and if you make it more than 2 years then they won't fail!

I just happened to stumble upon my broken piece, I've since added it to my monthly inspection list! Hope this helps!!!!

My unit is a 2014 Miramar 34.2, at the time I had less than 5,000 miles on the coach!
I'm confused and not very mechanical. I learned that the c-bracket on the sway bar on the left rear side of my 2013 Hurricane is broken. I asked my repair shop about this and they said they cant simply replace the bracket, the sway bar has to be replaced. Does this sound correct? Any insights to this situation wwould be appreciated.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.