Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 08:21 PM   #1
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Review of my Seafow Accumulator Tank

My darn water pump was driving me crazy ever since day one. It would cycle on an off constantly pretty much all the time so I thought I would try this accumulator tank. But I also wanted to try an isolate the water pump and insulate some of the waterlines around it to absorb any excessive vibrations.

So I found a few You tube videos of folks doing the these mods and how well they worked so I thought that was the way to go.

I Purchased the Seaflow Accumulator Tank ($29.99) on Amazon.

After thinking about it I decided to move the Water pump further back (10 inches or so) in my “electrical compartment” (Good place to put something that might leak water – LOL) and make a loops (about 3 foot long each) with some nylon reinforced drinking water safe hoses on both sides of the pump (that way they can vibrate and not transmit to the PEX lines at all).

And then I mounted the water pump on an 8 x 8 piece of ˝ plywood, wrapped it with Dynomat (Love this stuff) then wrapped that with ˝ inch foam rubber insulation that has a stickyback to it (“uxcell” Cell Foam 8mm Sound Proofing Insulation Deadener = $12.00 Amazon) so it would isolate most of the vibration of the pump. After a trip to HD for some ˝ inch plastic connector and hose clamps, and about 6 foot of waterhose I put her together.

I also had some water pipe insulation left over from the Air Con and another project so I put about 2 or 3 foot of that on both sides of the pump as well.

What a difference. The water flow is smooth like your hooked up to the CG or house. No surging at all. And the water pump does not cycle on an off constantly like before. It comes on, pressurized the accumulator tank, goes off for about 20 seconds then back on etc. SO much more quieter.

Plus if your water pump is OFF you have just enough pressure to wash your hands real quick or do a quick flush of the toilet without the water pump making any noise to wake up your spouse or guests.

If I had to do it over again I would just get Two - 2 or 3 foot long steel braded water hoses with the correct ends on them (Or use some plastic adaptors) hook up the tank to the pump then to the outbound PEX water line, use the pipe insulation on inbound and outbound PEX water pipes. I think that took care of most of the noise and would save a lot of time (and some money).

But the way I am about stuff like this is .... “why didn’t I do that last step…..it might have been much quieter…..” and it would have drove me crazy. LOL.

I also added a 2nd strainer (I didn’t see the factory one hidden under all that electrical wires – LOL- so now I have two – OEM is inbound to the tank, New one is outbound but before the water pump.

Oh Yeah I had cut about a 12 x 8 piece of plywood to screw into the wooden suports to hold the accumulator tank. That way I can adjust the pressure if needed and it not knocking around in this area.

My wife loves this mod!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4704.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	210.9 KB
ID:	11403   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4703.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	11404  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4683.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	11405   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4682.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	11406  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.