Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 08:58 PM   #3288
Steamboat

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.4
State: West Virginia
THOR #8716
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor293 View Post
No they do not use flex duct, when the roof is made they rout out the AC tunnels in the styrofoam to make ducts or they lay them up with strips of stryofoam. I included a pic from their brochure, although they show they put aluminum ducts in none of mine are, they are just cut out. Simply take the 4 screws out of one of your rounds ducts and look at the cavity and you will get a pretty clear picture. There is no need for the duct to go past that last duct behind the drivers seat. No you could add an additional duct above the drivers seat by cutting it in and then blocking the duct from going into the cap there.

Remember, the pictures I posted previously rotated on upload so turn your screen to get a better feel for it. The very last picture is looking down the bedroom duct towards the rear cap.

Thanks for the reply. Went to the rig this morning and performed some of the mods to the AC that you had posted. Removed the most forward vent and saw the duct runs are indeed square foam and with plenty of debris. In some home hvac systems, the duct runs are extended about 3 to 4 feet past the last vent to produce back pressure which equalizes volume coming out of the vents. Was wondering if the duct is extended for that purpose. Wait, it’s a Thor, nope just flows into infinity and beyond. Keep the mods coming, gets me out of the house.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.