Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 07:55 PM   #3
ComputerChips

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Virginia
THOR #7607
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelin View Post
My first year of “careful” winterizing of our 2013 ACE 30.1 resulted in a cracked grey water 1-1/2” ABS fitting close to the gate valve body the following Spring. I now leave the grey drain blade valve open and the sewer drain fitting cap off (with small catch tray below) in the Fall after doing the pink winterization process ......never have had a freezing problem since. The black tank blade valve remains closed all Winter with some pink in that tank ......lots of room for freeze expansion there, so never had an issue. Our coach uses the Lasalle Bristol dual rotating black and grey fitting union and I had to buy a new complete dual fitting just to get the needed 1-1/2 ABS portion that interfaced the 1-1/2 blade valve side facing the grey tank. The hardest part of that repair is removing the ABS cracked fitting and then getting the new ABS pieces exactly aligned so the existing blade valve body is perfectly mated to the new ABS pipe pieces ......since ABS glue sets in seconds. If you have this Lasalle Bristol system then I am not sure if you can buy just the ABS interface piece to the blade valve. Also the Lasalle blade valves are not compatible with Valterra or Camco blade valves in my experience, so I carry spare Lasalle units since they are typically harder to find.
Thanks Javelin,
Yes that's exactly where mine froze and cracked. I hadn't looked close enough to see the branding. The Bristol double unit is on its way from Etrailer for $29. Not bad, and I needed a new cap anyway.[emoji4]

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.