Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 08:35 PM   #5
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Well at least you will have spare blade valves with the new dual fitting. As I said the hardest part for me (this was years ago) was making sure the four ABS flange bolt holes line up on either side of the 1-1/2 blade valve holes.....and I found that after cutting off the cracked flange I had to cut more of the ABS pipe away and use an ABS coupling to get the new flange to fit where it needed to be next to and parallel to the blade valve. It is so tight (little pipe movement also) I could not bolt the flanges to the blade valve first and then glue it back onto the grey water ABS pipe.....I had to leave the blade valve out to get enough working space to re-glue the new flange in place.....so final flange length and bolt hole orientation are critical to reinserting the blade valve without leaks. Not sure if there is such a thing as a 1-1/2 ABS threaded union (like in gas fitting) instead of having to ABS glue things back together. If there is it might make this repair easier. You have a few seconds of fitting manipulation until the glue sets.....and if you are not correct then it is another redo.....and worst case another new flange required. Practise your procedure dry fitting first. Good luck.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.