Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2018, 11:30 PM   #66
halfprice

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferf View Post
I performed the CHF today on the front of my rv in the driveway. I opted to purchase an electric (plug in) impact driver. It was about $120, but something I had been wanting for a long time. Game changer.

The bolts were so tight I could not get them off by hand. For others, here was my basic process on my 2018 Thor ace 30.2.

1. Parked the rv on level ground, no jacks or lifts
2. Rolled underneath with a 15mm wrench and a 17mm socket on my impact driver
3. Impact driver easily got the bolts out, used a hammer to lightly get the bolt fully out
4. I was able to manually lift the sway bars straight up about 4” to get them to align to the tie rods. Others have used a bottle jack to lift it.
5. The tie rod holes and the rear sway bar holes lined perfectly. Used the impact driver to tighten back down

This whole process took 20 minutes. The difference is indescribable! But let me try [emoji4]
- massively reduced sway and wobble on cornering
- bumps and bad roads don’t cause rv to misdirect all over the place
- General handling is improved across the board. I was using one hand to steer at 70mph
- passing semis effect the rv handling dramatically less

Heading out for a few thousand miles next week. Can’t wait!
You should use blue loctite on the bolts and torque to 66 ft lbs.

Now to the rear chf

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum